Blueberry Pancakes - Gluten Free
Updated: Apr 30
Gluten Free recipes don't have to be hard or bland.
It was a rainy Saturday morning. I couldn't decide what to eat for breakfast, so I investigated my fridge and freezer to see what food needed to be eaten. I came across frozen blueberries and decided to try and make some gluten free pancakes with coconut milk and gluten free flour.
I was very skeptical that the coconut milk would 1) work. Or 2) taste good and not overpower the pancake flavor. Fortunately the coconut milk was an amazing substitute and made the pancakes yummy.
Be sure to separate the dry ingredients from the wet ingredients until ready to mix together.
"Pancakes are all about the crunchy edges. Be sure to wait for the bubbles to form before flipping. This may test your patience.... Heheeeee."
· 2 cups flour, gluten free
· 2 cups blueberries, rinsed
· 2 TBS monk sugar, or sugar substitute
· 2 tsp baking powder
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 1 tsp salt
· 2 eggs
· 2 cups almond milk, or other non-dairy milk
· 1 TBS vanilla extract
· 2 TBS coconut oil, melted
· coconut oil cooking spray
1. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl: whisk the eggs first, then add milk, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil.
3. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
4. Pour batter by ½ cupful onto a hot nonstick griddle coated with cooking spray.
5. When bubbles form on top of pancakes; hand place a few blueberries onto the pancake; then flip.
6. Cook until second side is golden brown.
7. Serve with toppings of choice.