Mini Egg Scramble and Veggie Tostadas - Vegetarian, Gluten Free Recipe
Updated: Apr 30
I love to cook for friends you have food allergies. I created this gluten free tostada for a breakfast twist on things.
Ok, I love Mexican food. I could eat it everyday...I actually probably do. Heheheee. I created a veggie mix which you can add to eggs and it keeps everything zesty, non-gluggy and flavorful.
I love huevos a la Mexicana and decided to try out my cute itty bitty tostada pans to bake/shape each tortilla. If you don't have the baking tins, just toast the tortillas until crunchy and have flat crunchy tostada shells.
I love any food in an edible bowl. It is the crunch that makes me smile. No chips needed. Hehehee.
"The veggie egg tostada makes you smile. You feel like you are cheating on a diet...BUT you aren't. It is baked...NOT fried."
You can add more or less avocado or sour cream. Your choice! Feel free to add cheese too.
· 2 eggs
· 2 corn tortillas
· 2 TBS coconut oil
· ¼ onion, diced
· ½ can pinto beans, 15 oz, rinsed and drained
· ¼ poblano chili, diced
· ½ jalapeño, seeds and rib removed, minced
· ¼ cup corn, fresh or frozen
· ½ avocado, for garnish
· 1 TBS sour cream, for garnish
· salt, to taste
1. In a non-stick pan, on low-medium heat, add 1 TBS oil, onion, and poblano chili. Cook until tender.
2. Add jalapeño, pinto beans and corn. Sauté until cooked through. Don’t stir too much or the pinto beans will turn mushy. Salt to taste.
3. Once cooked, transfer from pan to a bowl for serving.
4. Add the remaining 1 TBS oil to non-stick pan, scramble the eggs in a bowl and transfer to pan. Cook eggs to your liking. Salt to taste.
5. Score tortillas with a knife so they do not pop-up while baking. Place each tortilla in a tostada tin and cook in your toaster oven until crunchy. Usually 2-4 minutes on the “toast” switch.
6. Once baked, take the tortilla shells out of the oven and place on a serving plate.
7. Begin to load each shell with egg and bean/vegetable mixture.
8. Garnish with avocado and sour cream.