Noodles in Peanut Sauce Recipe - Vegan, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
When you get a hankering for yummy, peanut sauce with pasta, here is your go-to quick and easy recipe. I use gluten free red lentil rotini pasta to make this guilty pleasure not guilty at all.
It is bursting with protein and flavor. Give it a try. I promise you it will change your mind about gluten free pasta!
"A guilty pleasure that is not guilty."
This dish is great hot or cold. Serve it the next day as a pasta salad. Feel free to add more veggies to your liking.
· 2 bell peppers (color of your choice), diced
· 1 package of red lentil pasta, 8.8 ounce/250 gram (I suggest Barilla Rotini)
· 1 can coconut milk (13.66 fluid ounces)
· 1 cup peanut butter, smooth or chunky
· 3 TBS tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
· 1 tsp ginger juice
· 1 TBS rice vinegar
· 1 cup brown sugar (or sugar substitute)
· 1 – 2 tsp sriracha sauce
· Salt and pepper to taste
Thai inspired Peanut Sauce
1. Add coconut milk into saucepan. Add tamari, rice wine vinegar, ginger juice, peanut butter, srichacha, and whisk on low heat.
2. Add brown sugar and continue to whisk until dissolved into sauce.
3. Salt and pepper to taste. Turn off stove.
1. Add pasta to boiling water in a pot. Add salt to water. Cook for about 7-9 minutes. I suggest following the pasta package instructions.
2. Once cooked al dente, strain and return to pot.
1. Pour peanut sauce over pasta in pot and add chopped bell peppers.
2. Stir and serve.
3. Salt and pepper to taste.