Egg Scramble and Roasted Veggie Breakfast Tacos - Vegetarian Recipe
Updated: Apr 30, 2020
Cooking vegetarian recipes can be fun and easy. Note, this dish is also gluten free.
This dish was invented by repurposing 2 previous leftover meals.
I used the mini egg bean and veggie tostada filling with roasted vegetables from my risotto.
All I did was add some BBQ sauce and voila....yummy breakfast tacos.
"Who doesn't like tacos...and especially for breakfast or brunch.?!"
· Roasted veggies, refer to below
· Bean & veggie mixture, refer to below
· 2 eggs, scrambled
· 3 corn tortillas
· 1 TBS BBQ sauce
· 1 sweet potato, chopped
· 1 carrot, diced
· 1 handful cauliflower, florets
· 1 sprig of rosemary, chopped fine
· coconut oil spray
Bean & Veggie Mixture
· 1 TBS coconut oil
· ¼ onion diced, red
· ½ can pinto beans, 15 oz, rinsed and strained
· ¼ poblano chili, diced
· ½ jalapeño, seeds and rib removed, minced
· ¼ cup corn, fresh or frozen
· salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Add sweet potato, carrot and cauliflower to baking tray. Spray with coconut oil. Sprinkle with rosemary and salt to taste.
2. Bake until roasted and cooked through. Approximately 20-30 minutes.
Bean & Veggie Mixture:
1. In a non-stick pan, on low-medium heat, add oil, onion, and poblano chili. Cook until tender.
2. Add jalapeño, pinto beans and corn. Sauté until cooked through. Don’t stir too much or the pinto beans will turn into mush. Salt to taste.
3. Once cooked, transfer from pan to a bowl for serving.
4. Salt to taste.
1. In a cast iron pan, add veggies and bean mixture on a low heat.
2. Pour BBQ sauce and sauté. Take off heat once slathered all over.
3. Add 1 TBS oil to non-stick pan, scramble the eggs in a bowl and transfer to pan. Cook eggs to your liking (well done or medium). Salt to taste.
4. Warm tortillas in an oven or toaster oven; until they are pliable and cooked.
5. Add spoonful of scrambled eggs, bean and veggie mixture into each tortilla.