Tomato Salsa (Pico de Gallo) - Vegan Recipe
Updated: Apr 30
Love dips and chips? BUT want to eat dairy free and vegan options. Try this recipe.
Who doesn't love fresh salsa? It takes me back to childhood. I used to hate tomatoes, which is ironic as I used to have my own salsa business. Heheeeeee. LOL.
No, but seriously, when I was a kid, the only way I would eat tomatoes was in fresh salsa. My favorite was from a restaurant in Santa Barbara called Little Alex's.
It is easy to make. Just mix all the ingredients into one bowl!
"I crave chips and salsa daily. I could have salsa on eggs, nachos, baked potatoes, etc. The sky is the limit."
· 2-3 roma or vine tomatoes, diced
· ½ red onion, chopped finely
· 1 hand bunch of cilantro, rinsed & chopped finely
· ½ jalapeño chopped finely, remove stem & seeds
· ½ lime, juice only
· ½ tsp agave nectar
· salt, to taste
1. Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and mix.
2. Serve with tortilla chips or other GF chips.