Vegetarian Hamburger Helper - Plant-based Recipe
Updated: Apr 30, 2020
This vegan plant-based recipe is for everyone. Not just vegetarians or vegans!
I was CRAVING carbs...pasta to be specific. But I wanted to still be healthy, not have a carb overload and not feel guilty after eating it. Sounds familiar?
So, I created this gluten free, high protein, version of a vegetarian hamburger helper.
Disclaimer: I have never had Hamburger Helper, so this recipe is completely made up.
Feel free to use any veggie burger of choice. I used Beyond Burger's b/c of the high protein content.
"It is a combination of sweet, spicy and salty."
· ¼ red onion, chopped
· 2 tsp coconut oil, or other vegetable oil
· 2 TB coconut aminos, (or tamari or soy sauce)
· ¼ cup black olives
· 1 Beyond Burger
· ½ red bell pepper
· 1 cup cooked quinoa macaroni noodles, follow manufacturer’s instructions
· red pepper flakes, to taste
· salt and pepper, to taste
· MCT oil, or olive oil, to drizzle
1. Heat oil in a pan over low-to-medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook, stirring, until fragrant and translucent, about 2 minutes.
3. Add Beyond Burger, chop into mince as it starts to cook.
4. Add all vegetables, sauté until tender.
5. Drizzle coconut aminos over entire dish. Add more if you like.
6. Add cooked noodles and stir until dish is coated in sauce.
7. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
8. Drizzle entire dish with oil. This helps the pasta not stick together.